[Ardour-Users] Ardour3 punch-in

Brett Clark brett.clark at zirous.com
Tue Sep 25 13:28:18 PDT 2012

That sounds right.  Even in Ardour2 there wasnt any playback on armed
tracks when doing punch in/out.

What i did when i needed the playback with punches was:
  1) use the range tool to delete out the section of the track i want to
replace
  2) set the punch in/out to that cleared out section
  3) create a new "temp" track that i would arm and record to (this is
where the real punch in/out happens).

When i had the final take, then i would drag the region (with time-lock) to
the target track and delete the "temp" track.

--Brett