[Ardour-Users] Track (Region) Naming - can they be grouped?

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Sun Sep 9 12:33:24 PDT 2012

I'm going to guess the feature I'm after doesn't exist yet.  But,
maybe it does, as there's so much in ardour that I haven't explored.

I group things like a drum kit, or multiple mics on an acoustic
guitar.  I record them at once and get regions named things like
kick-2.1, snare-2.1, etc.  Sometimes, those numbers get out
of sync, e.g. kick-3.1, snare-4.1.  That makes it hard for me
to keep track of the collection of regions that form a single
recording take.  One way they might get out of sync is if I
forget to arm one of the channels for recording, i.e. pilot error.

Is there a way to reset the region recording counter(s)?

Is there a way to cause a group of tracks, e.g. "drums", to
increment in lock-step?  Linking this to which tracks are grouped
is desirable.

Thanks....

--
Kevin