[Ardour-Users] [LAU] Some retro doom metal for Halloween

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 15:04:03 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Julien Claassen <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:

>   This is very old school. I feel the roots of Black Sabbath underneath
> that. I do love the processing of the drums. The big snare is just
> wonderful! The vocals are nicely processed as well. But the guitars don't
> sound right. Too muddy. I'm not absolutely sure, why that is. EQ'ing,
> compression, playing? I wouldn't say the latter.
>   The song itself: as I said, it's very old school to me. I can hear the
> echo of rock 'n' roll and Sabbath there. The singing and playing is nice.
> concerning the guitars: perhaps I didn't get the point and you were going
> for the early Norwegian school. As far as I remember, they always had a...
> Erm particular sound. :-)

Yes, you hit it right on the head -- heavily inspired by old school Sabbath
and some newer "stoner" doom bands like Electric Wizard and Kyuss.
Everything is also downtuned to Drop-Db, which really gives it some sludge
:-)

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
"In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden; If I were to divulge it, it