[Ardour-Users] LAC 2013: the Linux Audio Conference - Call for Participation

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Thu Oct 18 10:20:48 PDT 2012

sorry for ><  please >> <<

We are happy to announce the next issue of the Linux Audio Conference
(LAC), May 9-12, 2013 @ IEM, the Institute of Electronic Music and
Acoustics, in Graz, Austria.

The Linux Audio Conference is an international conference that brings
together musicians, sound artists, software developers and researchers,
working with Linux as an open, stable, professional platform for audio
and media research and music production. LAC includes paper sessions,
workshops, and a diverse program of electronic music.

*Call for Papers, Workshops, Music and Installations*

We invite submissions of papers addressing all areas of audio processing
and media creation based on Linux. Papers can focus on technical,
artistic and scientific issues and should target developers or users. In
our call for music, we are looking for works that have been produced or
composed entirely/mostly using Linux.

The online submission of papers, workshops, music and installations is
now open at
 http://lac.iem.at/

The Deadline for all submissions is February 4th, 2013 (23:59 HAST)

You are invited to register for participation on our conference website.
There you will find up-to-date instructions, as well as important
information about dates, travel, lodging, and so on.

This year's conference is hosted by IEM, Graz, in cooperation with local
artists and FLOSS enthusiasts.
The Institute of Electronic Music and Acoustics (IEM) at the University
of Music and Performing Arts Graz is considered Austria's leading
institution in computer music, acoustics and audio engineering and has
gained international reputation for its research on spatial audio and
its artistic production and research.
IEM has been embracing Linux audio as a production and research
environment since the mid-1990s, and has contributed to FLOSS/Linux
projects, amongst others by providing drivers for multichannel audio
interfaces and hosting the Pure Data community portal and mailing lists.

http://iem.at/

We look forward to seeing you in Graz in May!

Sincerely,

The LAC 2013 Organizing Team