[Ardour-Users] xruns??? or soemthins else makes my playhead freeze and Ardour crash

fukked up fukked_up at gmx.net
Mon May 21 07:51:32 PDT 2012

You have -p twice with different arguments.

On 21.05.2012 16:00, Wendy Van Wynsberghe wrote:
> /usr/bin/jackd -p 128 -R -P 60 -T -d alsa -n 2 -r 48000
> -p 1024 -d hw:0,0
I don't think this is causing your issues, though.
I wouldn't recommend using a non-rt or realtime kernel with less than -p
512 and -n4 but that depends on your hw and further setup.
I once had huge problems because of pulseaudio.
To check if it's running, enter in the terminal:
ps aux | grep pulseaudio

if it's running,
create ~/.pulse/client.conf with the following content:

autospawn = no

type
pulseaudio -k
into the terminal.