[Ardour-Users] 2.8.x compilation error

John Rigg au at jrigg.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 11:17:40 PDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 05:44:39PM +0100, Dragan Noveski wrote:
> is this not a problem:
>
> chmod: cannot access `libtool': No such file or directory
>
> perhaps the libtool is not installed on your system.
>
> apt-get build-dep ardour
>
> is perhaps you friend.

libtool is installed, but it looks like scons can't find it.
I strongly suspect that this is something to do with the way
/lib and /lib64 are arranged on Debian testing, in preparation for
multi-arch. I've run into problems before with this, but not this
particular one.

Unfortunately I've rendered the system unbootable messing around
with lib symlinks to try and duplicate the old Debian 5 layout
(on which ardour-2.8.11 compiles fine). Back to square one on this
box :-(

John