[Ardour-Users] Starting a new session based on a template from command line

Carlos sanchiavedraz csanchezgs at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 02:50:10 PDT 2012

Hello folks.

At Musix we're in the thick of the development and testing the the
forthcoming beta2, and I'm also working on some personal projects that
maybe will see the light soon as well.

I would like to start a session based on a template from command line. On
my previous research I've seen that some people asked for this same feature
before[1], and cannot find more recent information on other posts because
it seems the search function on Mantis is failing[2].

Just wanted to know if you're considering this feature and if Ardour3 would
have it, --help on Ardour2 doesn't display any option like this.

BTW, my goal is to reduce the time to open an appropriate named session
based on a particular template to record an idea, jam...

Keep the great work and
Thanks in advance.

[1]http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=1676
[2]http://tracker.ardour.org/jump_to_bug.php, APPLICATION ERROR #203