[Ardour-Users] Merging MIDI regions in Ardour 3

Mukul Majmudar mukul at majmudar.me
Sat Jun 16 23:44:34 PDT 2012

Hello,

First of all, thank you for this amazing software! I come from the dark
Pro Tools side, and have recently seen the light of Ardour and Linux audio
software in general.

In Ardour 3, is it possible to merge two or more MIDI regions in the same
track into one region? My use case is this: I am building a MIDI track with
multiple takes, adding different notes on each take. When I'm done recording
all the takes, I want to be able to edit the entire track's notes in
note-level mode, no matter which region (take) they come from. How can I do
this? Right now the topmost region is the only one whose notes I can edit,
and I have to choose which region I want to be on top.

Thanks!

Mukul Majmudar