[Ardour-Users] Having same issue as bug 2878 already fixed

Carlos sanchiavedraz csanchezgs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 03:53:51 PDT 2012

Hello dear all.

On my journey through testing Musix 3 beta on mobile devices, an UMPC
(Ultra Mobile PC)[1] in this case, just the other day I noticed
something that I've never had to take care of.

I recorded some reference tracks for some musical ideas and at
playback time I noticed an audible delay in such a way that my guitar
seemed to be out of tempo. As I said earlier, It never happened to me
before, and I've never have to use JDelay.
I found the bug 2878 [2] that is marked as fixed and some previous
forum threads about it [3].

Given bug notes, it seems to be fixed on v2.8.4. I'm using 2.8.4.11 so
I suppose it has already the patch for the solution applied.

So I just wanted to know if this is so or there's something wrong going on.

Thanks in advance.

[1] UMPC and system info:
* Ardour: 2.8.4.11
* SO: Musix 3 beta (based on Debian Squeeze)
* kernel 2.6.33.7 libre
* CPU type: Intel Atom (Silverthorne)
* CPU speed: Z520, 1.33Ghz

[2] http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=2878