[Ardour-Users] 2.8.13 precompiled - Debian problems

Christian Weikusat christian at shamanbenefit.net
Fri Jul 6 00:25:27 PDT 2012

I have switched to Wheezy (Debian testing) now.
The precompiled version does work, yet the graphics are extremely slow. Operations such like opening mixer, switching between mixer/editor or clicking literally any checkbox in the mixer take several seconds to update the display.

While it is not as bad as on Squeeze (practically unusable), I still don't believe this to be intended/expected behaviour. I'm unsure what's the cause, my graphics driver (NVIDIA) is up to date this time.

So, I will once again go with compiling from source/svn.

Please tell me what additional information could be useful for you.