[Ardour-Users] Denormals

Q lists at quirq.ukfsn.org
Sun Jan 1 03:28:47 PST 2012

On 01/01/12 10:17, Q wrote:
> So is an AMD Phenom X4 9950 from four or so years ago not capable of
> dealing with denormals?
>
> I've tried googling for specs but I'm struggling to find any definitive
> information one way or the other.

Interestingly, having just installed A3, it seems to think my processor
can handle denormals where 2.8.12 does not.

However, even with the denormal handling turned on the CPU load is
fluctuating wildly as it was in Ardour 2. There's still nothing showing
in the task manager as using a huge amount of CPU, besides Ardour itself.