[Ardour-Users] Parallel compression - Was OT: bus strain on computer resources

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Dec 13 10:02:19 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-12-13 at 17:16 +0000, John Rigg wrote:
> You'd need to hear examples before and after the compression was applied,
> otherwise there's no way to tell what it was doing.

Correct, but I at least can decide if there is some recording that is to
my taste. If so, I still need to test it myself, if not, I don't need to
test it.

FWIW with and without compression can be completely different mixes, so
it's not just pushing bypass. Comparison always is tricky. I just want
to hear, if there is music that has got some mixing quality I like and
that was recorded with this technique.

Regards,
Ralf