[Ardour-Users] icon qcon pro with ardour on linux?

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Tue Dec 11 13:27:47 PST 2012

On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 22:12:42 +0100
Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings at stackingdwarves.net> wrote:
> my beady little eyes just spied this:
> http://www.thomann.de/de/icon_qcon_pro.htm

Ohhh that looks nice!

> 9 motorfaders with (there is a god) touch sensitivity, and very
> affordable 8-channel extensions.

I've been very productive with my Behringer BCF2000 with Ardour since
for me mixing is such a tactile thing.  Using a mouse doesn't always cut
it!

> said to support mackie hui, and has a usb port. now if this thing is a
> class-compliant midi device, there would be a good chance of using it
> with ardour, right?

Sounds like it should work with a minimum of configuration.

> has anyone laid their hands on one yet? it's so much cheaper than a
> nucleus or hui or any of the (shudder) euphonix stuff with its horrible
> ethernet driver...

It's out of my price range at the moment, sadly.  I wonder if they'd
consider a test unit for a review??  **goes off to sharpen his pencils**
       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com