[Ardour-Users] a few thoughts

Al Thompson althompson58 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 11:11:52 PST 2012

On 12/04/2012 12:35 PM, Adriano Petrosillo wrote:
> Just to be clear: I'm not saying you HAVE to do what I'm suggesting,
> my post in the list was just an "experiment", to see if other people
> may be interested in my proposals. So far, I haven't seen either "yes,
> that's a good idea", nor "I don't think it's a good idea", but only
> half-answers which don't really tackle the issue, and my idea of
> bundling plugins hasn't even been really discussed.

I'll discuss it then.  It's a HORRIBLE idea!  If your track are already
recorded, you won't even need EQ on every channel.  And your choice of
an EQ to be the default is unusable.  There's a reason that 4 band
(quasi-)parametrics are the standard. . .

As for assembling ANY batch of "suggested" plugins, that puts a huge
obligation on every developer, since they would be expected by newbies
to have tested those suggested plugins on every possible distro, and
every possible piece of hardware.  That's what the forums are for, but
even at that, it's still up to the end user to install it, and test it
on their hardware, with their distro.

--
---
My bands, CD projects, music, news, and pictures:

  http://www.lateralforce.com

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]