[Ardour-Users] OT: Audio drive - file system?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Aug 21 01:17:26 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-08-21 at 09:06 +0100, John Rigg wrote:
> [snip] SSDs are great for work in progress, but useless
> for long term storage.

Is there any media "good" for long time storage nowadays? And even if
there would be some media ok, will we have the media player working in
<= 10 years?

I own some dino media that still are ok, but it's hard to know a friend
with some "player" for those media, since my and those of most friends,
are taking a rest in a megalithic tomb.

For long term analog is ok, you'll get some echos, regarding to the
warehousing, but you'll still get very good quality when playing those
dino tapes.

Regarding to archiving, digital isn't an advantage, but it's completely
useless.

I don't think that the "afterworld" needs recordings of you and me to
survive.

Regards,
Ralf