[Ardour-Users] Audio drive - file system?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Aug 20 06:50:42 PDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-08-20 at 14:42 +0100, Noel Darlow wrote:
> Hi
>
> > That's the Wiki, but could you please explain why somebody should use
> > something exotic?
>
> Not sure why you would call it "exotic". It's a standard linux
> filesystem and it's good for large files. By all means do your own due
> diligence though.

Could you please determine the term "large file"? Ardour is for editing
audio, IMO this leads more often to "small files", while I don't know if
ext is better for small files, it anyway does work with large and small
files, without causing issues. What distros ship with something
different, but ext3 or ext4 for an automated default install? Suse did
use reiserFS a long time ago, for a very short time.

That's why I call it "exotic".

Regards,
Ralf