[Ardour-Users] Virtual "merge" device doesn't work following steps on the wiki

Carlos sanchiavedraz csanchezgs at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 03:59:48 PDT 2012

Hello Bart. Thanks for your response.

I see some differences with my asoundrc:

* every line ends with ';', but I think I tested my config this way
and it didn't work

* every individual card is specified before the merge configuration: I
followed the example in the wiki, so I just have the merge
configuration. Don't know if this is the problem, but I thought that
whatever you define in asounrc config it adds to your hardware cards,
so you wouldn't have to specified them individually

2012/8/1  <bart at magnetophon.nl>:
> Hi Carlos,
>
> I'm not really sure what is wrong with your asoundrc, but here is mine,
> and it works:
> https://github.com/StudioDotfiles/DotRepo/blob/master/asoundrc
>
> Could you tell a bit more about what is going wrong?
>
> All the best,
> Bart.

Carlos sanchiavedraz
* Musix GNU+Linux