[Ardour-Users] Split a MIDI drums track into several MIDI tracks

Fred f.rech at yahoo.fr
Tue Apr 17 01:30:09 PDT 2012

>>> I like to split a MIDI drum track, to connect it to several engines
>>> in Linuxsampler (multi sfz channels) via several MIDI channels.
>>> That to have the BD from a bank, and the SD from another, etc..
>>>
>>> I am still learning A3, and can't find a way to do that :
>>> - select a MIDI percussive track,
>>> - make one track for each note value in it (means a BD track, a SD...)
>>>
>>> Have tried many 3rd clics, menus, search the web, but can't find :(
>>>
> Haven't tried it myself, so I can't comment on how well that works:
> AFAIK you can select notes in a region and on right click assign them
> to a different channel. Maybe that works well enough for you.

It works under certain conditions :
-have all channels green in track header
-change active channel for every range/note
-have transport running, means when you clic on the piano roll you hear
nothing

ATM, it could do the job I think, and is more efficient than having many
tracks with
only 1 instrument in it, so a big thank you Mr C.L.A. :-))

(It could be nice too to treat hi and low notes in a different way for
synths)