[Ardour-Users] IMPORTANT cross-fade changes in Ardour 3 svn

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Mon Apr 16 11:03:10 PDT 2012

On 04/16/2012 07:46 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> 2012/4/16 Jörn Nettingsmeier<nettings at stackingdwarves.net>:
>
>> hmmm. if i let two regions overlap, i would expect them to crossfade at
>> constant loudness. the crossfade object seemed to do that. now if the region
>> fade-ins and fade-outs are used instead, will they be adjusted
>> automatically, so that just overlapping two regions will give a meaningful
>> result? that's quite important.
>
> yes.
>
>> at the same time, will i be able to edit them? crossfade edits again should
>> maintain constant loudness and only deviate from this ideal at the explicit
>> request of the user, if at all.
>
> there is still work to be done on the xfade editor, but in theory, it
> will all be the same for users.
>
> on IRC, we're discussing the situation with "short" xfades (an option
> in ardour2)

paul, brett, dragan, thanks for the clarification. that is very good
news indeed. i'd love to participate in the discussion and testing on
IRC, but i'm still in the post-LAC conference daze, with all higher
brain functions shut down until the batteries are recharged and attitude
control is regained.
tomorrow :)

best,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net