[Ardour-Users] Split a MIDI drums track into several MIDI tracks

Fred f.rech at yahoo.fr
Sun Apr 15 10:23:06 PDT 2012

Le 15/04/2012 18:30, Paul Davis a écrit :
> On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Fred<f.rech at yahoo.fr>  wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I like to split a MIDI drum track, to connect it to several engines
>> in Linuxsampler (multi sfz channels) via several MIDI channels.
>> That to have the BD from a bank, and the SD from another, etc..
>>
>> I am still learning A3, and can't find a way to do that :
>> - select a MIDI percussive track,
>> - make one track for each note value in it (means a BD track, a SD...)
>>
>> Have tried many 3rd clics, menus, search the web, but can't find :(
>>
> no way to do that at present in any simple way. if you make the track
> high enough, the channel selector will appear in the track header. you
> could then disable some channels and either just play it that way,
> and/or re-record to a new track.

Thanks for the quick reply Paul,

I don't think this will do the job, cause the banks in Linuxsampler have
all notes
routed to the same outputs, so the way you suggest one can have all
bank1 set
instruments playing together, or all bank2, but for choosing individual
ones I don't
see... I'll probably have to edit my own bank to fit this  :-(

Anyway, thanks again for your work and answers :-))

--
Ah, si chaque grain de sable choisissait d'apporter sa goutte d'eau, hein ?