[Ardour-Users] Portable non-firewire interface for Linux laptop w/ at least 8 mic pres?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Sep 30 10:24:43 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-30 at 17:35 +0100, Noel Darlow wrote:
> Hi
>
> > I want at least 8 preamps built-in (convenience and cost trumps
> > quality for me).
>
> Not quite what you're after (no pres) but the RME Multiface is one of
> the best ways to get sound in and out of a linux machine (laptop or
> desktop). Build a rack of DIY pres from seventh circle audio to keep the
> cost down.
>
> Noel

I'm using a RME HDSPe AIO + ADA8000, you can get this for less money.
There should be a way to bypass the pre-amps
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.audio.users/74578
I suspect Fons blacklisted me, but I'm sure you'll get the information.
ART tube mic preamps should be low cost, but very good.

No "build-in" solution, but perhaps ok and not expensive.

- Ralf