[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.8.12 released

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Sep 30 07:42:36 PDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Christian Weikusat
<christian at shamanbenefit.net> wrote:
> I (paid for) and downloaded the binary package for Linux amd64.
> The GUI is extremely slow, e.g. it takes several seconds to switch between active tracks/buses.
> I never had such problems when compiling myself, so I just downloaded SVN version and am compiling right now.

I do recall a few people on IRC reporting this issue, and I remember
that it was solved, but I don't recall the cause or the solution.

Hopefully they'll be reading ardour-users too and can comment. If
nobody does, I'll go back over my IRC logs and see if I can find the
answers. I do know that it was a system-level thing, not a code or
build change in Ardour.

Sorry to not be more help, but thanks also for reporting this (and
paying for it). Please let me know how the svn build works out.

--p