[Ardour-Users] Missing Plugin "1123"

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Sep 13 03:24:53 PDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 1:05 AM, Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc at cosgroves.us> wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> Anyone know what this error message means?
>
> [ERROR]: Found a reference to a plugin ("1123") that is unknown.
> Perhaps it was removed or moved since it was last used.
> [WARNING]: insert could not be created. Ignored.
>
> I got it when I opened an ardour session that I got from another
> person.  They didn't know right off hand if they really used a
> plugin with that name.

the only really definitive way to refer to a LADSPA plugin is via its
numerical ID. at least that used to be the idea.
ardour should probably print the name and the numerical ID to avoid
this kind of confusion.

if you browse the session file and search for 1123 you'll likely get
an indication of the plugin name.