[Ardour-Users] "Export Ranges" functionality stopped working...

Mike Morris mcmorris95125 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 11:37:04 PDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 5:01 AM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>wrote:

> many (almost all) of the problems with export can be traced back to
> the use of various versions of jack2.

Thanks for pointing me at jack, which helped me realize the real problem...
I'm using a USB turntable, and depending on where the turntable got turned
on during the startup sequence (before/after reboots, logins, jack startup,
etc...?) the hardware port numbers were changing. This clearly invalidated
my jack setup (via qjackctl)... even though I don't remember how that
happened... :-(

Anyway, all is back to normal - thanks a lot!.

I'm not at all a "power user", but am very excited to hear about version
3... you guys sure do wonderful work!