[Ardour-Users] Adding tracks or busses disconnects Ardour from JACK

Q lists at quirq.ukfsn.org
Sun Oct 9 09:53:16 PDT 2011

On 09/10/11 17:40, Harry van Haaren wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Q <lists at quirq.ukfsn.org
> <mailto:lists at quirq.ukfsn.org>> wrote:
>
>     I checked the Timeout, it was set to 2000. I expect it's probably
>     inherited this from my previous set-up (I keep the same /home
>     partition when I do a fresh install). I increased it to 5000 and it
>     didn't make any difference.
>

> Hmmm, well that was my logical approach, perhaps JACK is running out of
> ports... (total shot in the dark), what value is that at? And is it a
> huge session your working with?
>
> Also what does the "Messages" dialog of JACK print when it happens..?
> -H

No that's good, I like logical and you've got to start somewhere ruling
things out.

As I mentioned in my original post, these are really light sessions, 16
tracks, not all playing at once, half a dozen plugins -- I'm still at
the writing stage, not tracking or mixing. The other one I tried was two
tracks. I haven't dared open anything big. I had wondered about the
number of ports, but that's set at 1024.

The only messages I get when it disconnects are:

JACK connection graph change
JACK connection change

When I try creating a track in Ardour I get an error message that it
can't connect because it's disconnected from JACK -- it seems to be
disconnecting after the track is created but before it can connect it
up. As I say, it's instantaneous rather than seeming to be any sort of
timeout thing.