[Ardour-Users] 64bits

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Oct 7 02:00:01 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-10-07 at 10:51 +0200, christian at shamanbenefit.net wrote:
> > Neither installing 32-bit libs nor a 32-bit chroot did work for several
> > apps, yes, some apps work, lightscribe doesn't. Any hints [off-list] are
> > welcome ;).
>
> I used this how-to and it works on Debian stable AMD64:
> http://www.csamuel.org/2007/11/29/installing-lacie-4l-lightscribe-software-on-amd64-ubuntudebian-systems

Thank you,

perhaps I didn't install all needed 32-bit libs, I'm aware of ia32-libs,
but I did use a command, have forgotten the name, to install just the
needed libs (seemingly not all needed) and I also set up a 32-bit chroot
for running animata.

I'll try the information given by your link ASAP.

Anyway, I seemed to be mistaken regarding to the 32-bit harm :).

Regards,

Ralf