[Ardour-Users] 64bits

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Oct 6 19:01:47 PDT 2011

I'm using 64-bit since years. From time to time I'm testing 32-bit. The
harm of 64-bit, when using Debian or Ubuntu is, that e.g. lightscribe
software doesn't run. This 32-bit software does run on Suse 64-bit
without issues. Perhaps original Windows VSTs won't run under 64-bit,
dunno, I'm using Linux software only. 64-bit Linux audio is 100% ok, but
IMO there's no big difference to 32-bit, but I never compared threads by
top, it just doesn't "feels" to be a big difference.