[Ardour-Users] How do you use Jamin in Ardour (was: Cleaning up unused regions)

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Thu Oct 6 07:29:51 PDT 2011

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 15:34:50 +0200
Nando <nandinga at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was reading and saying "hey, good reason to master in a different session"
> but after that, and now from my complete newbieness ;p ...wouldn't it also
> be a good idea to reuse even the mix? if you need the album to sound the
> same, comps and EQs on tracks should also be preserved, and maybe some
> effect params and so. You could have a template project for a particular
> band/artist/x built from the first song recorded or something.

I definitely save plugin parameters to re-use across multiple sessions,
since I don't put multiple songs in a single session unless they were
recorded live.

My problem with building a template session with fx is that I likely
won't go near the fx until I start to mix, which happens after much
of the recording has been done.  I've built my favorites list up to
the point where 95% of what I'll use is there, so adding what I like
is easy.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com