[Ardour-Users] How do you use Jamin in Ardour (was: Cleaning up unused regions)

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Thu Oct 6 07:20:57 PDT 2011

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 15:19:29 +0200
Raffaele Morelli <raffaele.morelli at gmail.com> wrote:
> :-) that works too and sometimes I use snapshots just like you, it's just a
> matter of taste and needs.
> let's say you can use the same master project for an entire album or a bunch
> of songs which must "sound the same".

Easy peasy - I simply save the jamin settings in a file which I load for
each of the songs.  To me, one of the goals of mastering is to bring a
certain consistency to the sound.  As someone (Steve Albini?) said,
mastering is what makes a record sound like a record.

> but... I would not go juggling with tracks faders/eqs/compressors with jamin
> on the master bus... not really.

By the time I bring in Jamin, the mix is pretty well done.  I never have
fx on the master bux other than the jamin insert.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com