[Ardour-Users] Cleaning up unused regions

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 12:34:44 PDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Brett McCoy <idragosani at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the only way this could work, rather than copying and pasting,
> is to bounce the section of desired audio to another track by
> recording from the original track to the second track and then
> deleting the original track altogether. That could get tedious,
> though, if there are many tracks and regions to copy.

You don't need to bounce to a new track necessarily, just bounce
period.  There are a couple of options that Ardour provides that will
bounce a region or range, but you have to create an entirely new audio
file which those operations will do(Off the top of my head look for
Bounce, and Consolidate)  and remove all references(aka regions) to
the original audio file, then cleanup the session and flush the
wastebasket.

But yes you have the right idea.

   Seablade