[Ardour-Users] Cleaning up unused regions

fred f.rech at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 5 12:04:53 PDT 2011

Le 05/10/2011 20:00, Brett McCoy a écrit :
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 1:57 PM, fred<f.rech at yahoo.fr>  wrote:
>

>> probably the faster "handmade" way will be :
>> - set the edit point on mouse
>> - grow the height and wide of the track to see the sound / silence
>> difference (Ctrl+mouse roll and Cap+mouse roll)
>> - put the mouse pointer after 1st sound ending
>> - press s to split
>> - put the mouse pointer before 2nd sound start
>> - press s to split
>> -click on the silence region
>> -press del
>>
> That doesn't delete the underlying audio, that's what the OP wanted to
> have happen. It only cleans up the playlist.

Oups !
Forget the end of the tip, was too much inside it excuse me ;-)

So, it goes like this (like the rest it is HANDMADE, but can't find
anything else ATM,
and 1 more time any other idea is really welcome, Folks) :

-when have finished the track edit, set edit point on playhead
-create a new similar track
-set playhead at the very beginning of 1st sound (you can use right clic
"properties" on
it to set at the right time)
-create a marker at the very beginning (Alt+L and create a new marker),
note its shortcut
-select all regions in the track with clicked mouse movement
-set playhead at beginning with the new marker shortcut
-Ctrl+C
-Ctrl+V
-delete the original track
-cleanup unused sources
-close and start Ardour
-flush wastebasket
-close and start Ardour
-rec time is automagically up

Sorry to forget the most important side, and thanks to "the 2 Brett" to
remind it !!!