[Ardour-Users] Cleaning up unused regions

fred f.rech at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 5 10:57:28 PDT 2011

Le 05/10/2011 13:19, roaming.book at googlemail.com a écrit :
> When recording a live performance I have all the tracks in record for
> the length of the piece. Each instrument and effect has it's own
> track. When an instrument only plays for a short time this leaves a
> lot of unused silence in the audio files. Deleting this unused space
> would save me considerable amount of disk space and make backups to
> DVD easier.
>
> i want the regions left exactly where they are, where they were
> played, to they remain in sync with the rest of the material.

probably the faster "handmade" way will be :
- set the edit point on mouse
- grow the height and wide of the track to see the sound / silence
difference (Ctrl+mouse roll and Cap+mouse roll)
- put the mouse pointer after 1st sound ending
- press s to split
- put the mouse pointer before 2nd sound start
- press s to split
-click on the silence region
-press del
---------------------------and repeat many times the 6 last lines !!

If someone here have a beter idea, please tell,
Fred