[Ardour-Users] Linux distributions

Nando nandinga at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 02:31:44 PDT 2011

Since kernel 2.9 we have almost all rt patches included in the vanilla
kernel, including irq threading if I'm not mistaken. Do we really need more
than that? I've seen latencies of 5ms and even 2ms (probably not much
processing) reported on the web.

This is also the kernel that AVlinux uses (almost vanilla).

Not sure if this one has any problems with nvidia drivers but being
mainstream I tend to think it works ok.

More cents (we're going to be rich!!)
n.-