[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.8.12 released ( slow gfx )

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Oct 2 18:26:09 PDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 6:33 AM, Christian Weikusat
<christian at shamanbenefit.net> wrote:
> Hi Paul (and all)!
>
>> Christian - can you comment on whether you're using the nvidia driver
> Indeed, I use the nvidia driver (Version 270.41.06). This is a rather old version (recent one is 280.13), so probably that's the issue.
>
>> and also on the output of this command:
>>
>> pkg-config --modversion gtk+-2.0
> This gives 2.20.1.

Right, the pre-packaged version is currently built with GTK 2.22 and
this is triggering an issue with your Nvidia driver.
Sorry about this - there's not much we can do without making a change
on our end or yours, neither of which seems practicable right now.

> Anyway, the self-built version from SVN works great, as they always did.

Glad that you have this option available. Sorry for the inconvenience.

--p