[Ardour-Users] Slow graphics with large project

Jan Fuchsmann jan at spreemusik.de
Fri Oct 7 23:16:17 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm currently mixing a film in Ardour 2.12, around 50 Tracks, each 1h40
long. When zooming in, Ardour sometimes (not always) slows down to a
near halt, using 100% on one core. I doubt there's much I can do about
it now, but perhaps future versions could be optimized for handling huge
projects.

Playback (on 24 simulateous outputs), recording (Through a digital mixer
to 6 tape tracks) and MTC/MMC work perfectly, despite over 60GB of
audio, it's only the graphics giving me problems.

Cheers,
Jan