[Ardour-Users] [LAU] Portable non-firewire interface for Linux laptop w/ at least 8 mic pres?

Paul Winkler slinkp at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 17:50:03 PDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 05:17:36PM -0500, Jan Depner wrote:
>     I finally quit messing around with the direct to computer stuff.
> I've got 2 Zoom R16s (record 8 tracks each at 24 bit/44.1KHz).  When we
> play I run direct outs from the board to the ZOOMs and then dump the
> wave files to my Linux box.

That wasn't my original plan, but it's actually sounding kind of
appealing for the kind of thing I want to do, where setup / teardown
time is a major factor.

>  Read the tracks into Ardour

I presume you do this by mounting it as a USB storage device?

Also, it's advertised as also working as a DAW control surface.  I
don't suppose this feature works with Linux / Ardour?  That would be a
nice bonus, but not really mandatory.

--

Paul Winkler