[Ardour-Users] copy/paste MIDI notes

fred f.rech at yahoo.fr
Sun Nov 27 01:17:11 PST 2011

>>  How can one paste at a choosen time (e.g. : first beat of a bar)) the notes
>>  selected and
>>  copyied before, in the same selected track and region ???
>>
>  here's what you need to have in your mind:
>
>  * all work with Audio or MIDI data involves working with a region OR
>  within a region
>  * this means you can either:
>
>          1) create a region containing the data you want, and then cut
>  and paste the region (this is the normal editing mode)
>          2) copy/cut MIDI data from within a region and paste it into
>  the same or other region (internal/note edit mode)
>
>  * the corollary to the above: you cannot paste MIDI data into an empty
>  part of a track, because there is no region there to paste into
>  * more or less any click on a MIDI track that might have otherwise
>  done something interesting, but finds no region where you clicked,
>          will create a new 1 bar region.

Well, thanks for that Paul. Probably my poor english, some misunderstood.
I try to explain within the screenshot joined here :

1. select the last green 4 notes with left mouse
2. Ctrl+C
3. move the playhead to the mark and unselect notes
4. Ctrl+V
5. notes are copied, but not at chosen time

have tried with edit point set to marker, mouse or playhead, and notes
never paste
where they are supposed to

What am I doing wrong here ?