[Ardour-Users] Question about Ardour 2.8.11

Giorgio - Audiophilo anomalsound at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 02:37:29 PDT 2011

Hi,
i'm experiencing some problem with Ardour 2.8.11 on Ubuntu 10.04.
I've recorded a drum session at 44100 16-bit. I have 7 takes 12 tracks each.
Since the drummer is not very accurate i have to do some "surgical" editing
cutting almost each hit and moving it to fit the grid.
Everything works fine but after many cuts Ardour slows down especially
using the zoom and sometimes it even crashes. It takes a while to save or
open the session.
I've noticed that consolidating regions and cleaning up unused regions can
help but it's still hard to work this way.
Is it a matter of load on Ardour? How can i improve this situation?
Thank you in advance

--
Giorgio Baù
*Sound engineer*