[Ardour-Users] How to sync Ardour2 with a sequencer for composing songs without breaking the work flow?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri May 20 05:24:48 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 07:48 -0400, Melvin Ray Herr wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
>
> Glad you are having fun!
> I don't have any ideas on your main question since I never use Ardour
> that way but here is an idea on the PS.
> Are you by any chance double clicking when you close a window? You
> should only be clicking one time on any menu or button.
>
> Melvin Ray Herr
>
> Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless

No! The mouse is broken or my Linux settings regarding to debouncing
issues are bad. I'm not the only one having this debouncing issue on his
Linux installs. I never tested another mouse or tried to correct the
Linux mouse settings, on newer Ubuntu installs there is an additional
issue regarding to the mouse wheel. I didn't find a new mouse that fit
to my ergonomically needs. It's a Trekker PS2 ball-mouse on a line, so
it's very flat. I never had health issues regarding to a bad keyboard or
mouse!

I only need double-clicks for some apps. All my Linux installs are set
to use single-clicks, so I'm not doing unconscious double-clicks. I even
don't use any other OS (and even if I should use e.g. Windows, I would
configure it to use single-clicks too).

It's a non-serious issue, I move Windows to empty places. Btw. if I try
to grab and drag the frame where the snapshot list is, it could happen,
that I'll grab and drag a clip and trim it without noticing it, because
seemingly the mouse release the clip and then grab the frame during the
movements.

Ralf