[Ardour-Users] Made with Ardour - Tick Tock Islands

Number Six spf006 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 14:43:41 PDT 2011

If memory serves, the reverb is mainly CAPS plate in the 2x2 version,
inserted on two separate stereo busses running parallel, one for the really
long distance reverb in the intro-verse, and another for the more usable
reverb for the rest of the tune.  My fx are always inserted pre-fader and in
100% effect mix, so that the bus fader then can be automated for the mix.  I
think I also did some EQ after the plate, still pre-fader on the main reverb
bus.  Often I'll eq the send simply by inserting a multiband parametric
above the reverb or other effect plugin on a similar bussing arrangement so
that the reverb/effect only responds to the frequencies I allow it to at
input.  I find this helps keep things even cleaner than EQing the effect
signal, which is also a "go-to" in my practice.
There is also yet another plate, this one 1x2 also on its own bus, and eq-d
just to give a "glow" to the bass of the djembe... dunno whether it muddies
the waters or not, but it felt good at the time!

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment!

Cheers,
SPF