[Ardour-Users] Ardour3 segfaults after build

Edward Diehl diehl at umich.edu
Tue May 24 13:18:41 PDT 2011

I had successfully built and run several versions of Ardour3 on my
AVLinux4.2 system, but now something has changed and now if I build
Ardour3 it segfaults immediately:

$ ./gtk2_ardour/ardev
Ardour3.0alpha4 (built using ['9403'] and GCC version 4.4.6)
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Paul Davis
Some portions Copyright (C) Steve Harris, Ari Johnson, Brett Viren, Joel Baker

Ardour comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
under certain conditions; see the source for copying conditions.
ardour: [INFO]: Loading default ui configuration file
./gtk2_ardour/../gtk2_ardour/ardour3_ui_default.conf
ardour: [INFO]: Loading ui configuration file
./gtk2_ardour/../build/default/gtk2_ardour/ardour3_ui_dark.rc
ardour: [INFO]: Ardour will be limited to 1024 open files
raptor_new_uri_for_rdf_concept called with Raptor V1 world object
Segmentation fault

I can still run the Alpha4 binary from the Ardour website.  I've tried
building several different versions of Ardour3 and they all get this
error.  My biggest suspicion is that I upgraded my gcc version too far:
$ gcc --version
gcc (Debian 4.6.0-7) 4.6.1 20110507 (prerelease)

Any ideas about this problem?
Thanks.