[Ardour-Users] can't get midi to work

Nick Ramm seeyoushortly at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 1 14:39:41 PDT 2011

Hi,

 I've just started using ardour 3 alpha4 and it looks great.

I'm having a problem getting a midi signal from my keyboard to ardour 3 alpha4.
The problem , i think, lies in getting it from the actual soundcard's back port to the software itself. I'm at a bit of a loss as how to go about this.

I have selected my soundcard within jack 'setup' ( it's an audiophile 2496). I put the midi option to 'raw' but also tried 'seq'.

I will keep trying other ways.

If anyone has any advice i would be very grateful.
NIck