[Ardour-Users] ardour 3.0 alpha 1 released

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 07:37:38 PDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 6:40 AM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ardour-3.0: ../libs/ardour/process_thread.cc:60: void
>> ARDOUR::ProcessThread::get_buffers(): Assertion `tb' failed.
>> Aborted
>
> mark - this is a very odd/deep/serious error. If you start things up
> from the command line:
>
>           /where/you/put/the/package/bin/ardour3 -d
>
> you will end up inside gdb and can then type
>
>          run
>
> when it crashes (if it crashes), type
>
>          threads apply all bt
>
> and post the result

Paul,
   Will do so later today if I can get a few minutes free.

   I suspect this is possibly some sort of Jack setup error actually.
I didn't post it but in my Jack terminal there were a bunch of error
messages. It turns out the newest Gentoo pro-audio jack ebuild for
2.9999 required a new flag ('classic') which I hadn't heard of. I used
it and got jack installed and running, but I haven't tested it with
any other apps. Note that I was not running with real-time as I must
run 2.6.37 or higher on this box and there isn't an rt-sources kernel
at this time. (Will there ever be?)

   I'm assuming here that you _want_ me to use 2.9999 and not some
other specific version of Jack. If you do have a preference please
advise.

Thanks,
mark