[Ardour-Users] Which distro best supports Ardour using the Delta 44 (ICE1712)?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 10:57:03 PDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> However, what about those of us who *want* to build from source? I
>> hope you're not suggesting we won't always be able to? I like watching
>> code build. It's so relaxing... ;-)
>
> svn will remain open for business during our renovations :) and once
> we hit 3.0 final, there will be tarball releases too.
>
> --p

Seems reasonable. Code is code, tarballs work fine.

For Gentoo users I suspect there will be two versions

1) A revision specific binary install so stable users can pick exactly
what they want.

2) Some sort of testing *9999 ebuild that builds from the nightly
tarballs. Many other large projects work that way such as Open Office,
etc.

Thanks,
Mark