[Ardour-Users] Which distro best supports Ardour using the Delta 44 (ICE1712)?

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Mon Mar 21 08:21:18 PDT 2011

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:56:31 -0400
"James P. Early" <earlyjp at cs.oswego.edu> wrote:
> Once I get the system up and running, I think I'll give Kxstudio a try
> (Thanks, Paul!). I'm intrigued that they have seemingly integrated
> pulseaudio with jack, although I'm not sure if my Delta 44 is fully
> supported. We'll see.

I'm a little late to the party here, but I've always been happy with
the Fedora/CCRMA combination.

What I really wanted to say here is that the M-Audio Delta cards are
some of the best-supported audio devices in Linux.  You'll want to make
sure you have the program envy24control installed (it's part of alsa-utils,
I believe) to control the card, and I'd recommend disabling any onboard
sound card you may have to conserve resources.  Good luck!

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com