[Ardour-Users] Which distro best supports Ardour using the Delta 44 (ICE1712)?

James P. Early earlyjp at cs.oswego.edu
Mon Mar 21 07:56:31 PDT 2011

Wow, I certainly came to the right place! I very much appreciate all
the fine suggestions. I, too, am inclined to think that the
introduction of Pulse Audio has complicated the setup of this card
under Ubuntu, as evidenced by the multiple "workarounds" that have
been released (with varying success).

Noel, I think I'm going to take your advice and try Gentoo with the
pro audio overlay. I appreciate your offer for additional details, and
I will contact you directly when the process is further along. These
audio-related distros are convenient, but I learned so much more when
I was managing my own installations. I want to try reconnecting with
what's "under the hood."

Once I get the system up and running, I think I'll give Kxstudio a try
(Thanks, Paul!). I'm intrigued that they have seemingly integrated
pulseaudio with jack, although I'm not sure if my Delta 44 is fully
supported. We'll see.

Again, please accept my sincere thanks for your help.
~Jim