[Ardour-Users] create ardour project in certain directory

Peter Geirnaert peter.geirnaert at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 02:17:21 PDT 2011

> I am wondering if it is possible to have the "new" project dialog box
> default to a directory other than '~'?

If you use an icon to click on , to start ardour, you can set the command
assigned with that icon to ardour2 -n /path/to/yourdir/new.ardour. When you
start ardour then, change the name of the 'new' project. (I'm not sure
because I've no linuxbox to test it on right here. Might have to change
something here and there.)

It must be possible to write some script that asks for a new project name
and then starts ardour with the -n option and the name you gave to the
project.

Well I guess so ...

Cheers