[Ardour-Users] graphical EQs [was: what linux audio project, do you miss?]

Christopher Stamper christopherstamper at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 15:32:05 PST 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 5:48 PM, Kim Cascone <kim at anechoicmedia.com> wrote:

>  thanks for the permission

somebody offended?  ;-)

I tend to agree OP, but hey - whatever works for you.

Regardless of your creative process, the industry seems to agree that a
3-band parametric EQ with a graphical interface is pretty standard. And we
don't really have one.

Sure, one could search the internet and message boards until he finds a few.
But IMO we need a *great* plugin that could be readily available (at no
cost, I dont really care about freedom - though it may make it easier to
distribute) to anyone who would use Ardour/etc.

FWIW, I know a lot of people that won't use non-graphical parametric EQs.
It's not that they are stupid, they just can't visualize it without the
little graph.

--
Christopher Stamper
Email: christopherstamper at gmail.com