[Ardour-Users] what linux audio project do you miss?

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Thu Mar 3 11:51:32 PST 2011

> there is no excuse ever to be using a 31 band graphic eq except for live
> rocknroll shows under severe time pressure, to prevent and/or react to
> feedback.

I disagree -- I used my 31 band GRM EQ (when I worked on OS X) for
mastering and sound design on a daily basis -- with all due respect your
comment reflects the type of thinking that impoverishes the
technological offerings in Linux Audio for those of us 'creatives' who
DO have an 'excuse' to use a 31 band EQ - namely for sound design and
mastering

also, I desperately want a decent monolithic-under-one-roof sampler -
Linux Sampler is a mess of moving parts that barely makes sense or works
correctly and is very very poorly documented

all in a days work