[Ardour-Users] graphical EQs [was: what linux audio, project, do you miss?]

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Thu Mar 3 16:57:59 PST 2011

> well, keep on doing it. but at some point, when you want to tack a photo
> to a silk folding screen, you may find that the nailgun comes with
> certain disadvantages. this is not creativity, but craftsmanship, which
> does have best practices. they should be honed, questioned, and
> revisited often, but they exist.

for acousmatic and field recording based work a 31 band EQ is anything
*but* a nail gun
for working with live front of house mixing it might very well be
IMO the parametric EQ is way too 'musical' for working with field
recordings although works very well with traditional musical instruments
and why I miss my GRM EQ and other plugs they make

now can someone suggest an viable alternative to the Linux Sampler?